Online no
State
Grouping Member
Class class5
Score 616
Wealth 353
Posts 303
Login 13:44:19
Brett Favre says he might have had "thousands" of concussions during his Hall of Fame career.

The three-time NFL MVP who played from 1992-2010 and was known for his aggressive approach to football said Thursday on NBC's "Megyn Kelly Today" that he is experiencing short-term memory issues.

Favre Youth Derek Stepan Jersey , 48, has become an advocate for concussion research and said he had three or four known concussions during his lengthy career, which spanned 302 regular-season games and 24 in the postseason.

"But as we're learning about concussions," he told Kelly, "there's a term we use in football and maybe other sports, that I got 'dinged.' When you have ringing of the ears, seeing stars, that is a concussion.

"If that's a concussion, then I've had hundreds, probably thousands, throughout my career Authentic David Perron Jersey , which is frightening."

Favre added that he worries about developing chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) as he ages.

"My football career has meant a great deal to me and has provided a lot of things, a lot of joy not only for me, but for my family," Favre said. "Now, my family doesn't have to face the physical problems that could potentially arise, or the mental problems that could, but they are directly associated with me in that regard. It's kind of a blessing and a curse.

"I grew up playing football. My dad was the coach, he was tough on me, he was a hard-nosed, just in-your-face-type of guy, and he didn't know what concussions were about. We knew basically what a concussion was Womens Le'Veon Bell Jersey , but the thought process in those days was you would never come out of a game or practice because you had a little head ding. You would be considered, for lack of a better term, a sissy.

"My point in this is 30 years ago, there wasn't a problem in anyone's mind from playing football. It was just a matter of being tough, and the ones who stuck it out and made the most of it. Now, what we know, is it has nothing to do with toughness and that's a lot scarier. So I look at my career as something wonderful. I didn't know; had I known in Year 5, I would have looked at my future a bit closer as my career unfolded."

Favre appeared on Kelly's program with three other retired star athletes: soccer's Abby Wambach, baseball's David Ross and Favre's fellow Pro Football Hall of Famer and former teammate Kurt Warner. All four have invested in a company developing a concussion-treatment drug that is not yet approved by the Food and Drug Administration.

Favre said he would not encourage youngsters to play football.

"The brain and just the skull itself, for (8- to 15-year-olds), and maybe even older Brent Burns Jersey , is not developed enough and they should not be playing tackle football," Favre said. "We should protect them, especially when there is no treatment solution out there."

Not only did the Eagles not send Nick Foles to the Browns, they set up his new deal to pay him if he ends up playing a significant amount for them.

According to Field Yates of ESPN, the restructured deal pays Foles more based on the number of snaps he plays and the team’s success.

He’ll earn $250,000 for every game in which he plays at least a third of the snaps, and another $250,000 if the Eagles win. So, theoretically, if Carson Wentz doesn’t play this year and Foles leads the Eagles to an undefeated season, he’d pocket an extra $8 million on top of his base and bonus.

The per-game bonuses were first reported by Mike Garafolo of the NFL Network.

The Eagles are hoping that Wentz will be back from last December’s ACL/LCL injury Anton Stralman Jersey , but there’s reasonable doubt as to whether he’ll be ready for the opener.

Since Foles stepped in for them last year and led them to a Super Bowl title, they’re happy to have that kind of insurance policy.

The new Foles deal also includes bumps if he leads them to another playoff run. The incentive for playing a third of the snaps in playoff games goes to $500,000, and another $500,000 for a playoff win he plays a third of the snaps in. That’s another potential $4 million if they came through the wild card round and won another Super Bowl.

There’s also another $1 million if he plays a third of the snaps for the total season and the Eagles make the playoffs, or $1.5 million if he plays 50 percent of the snaps and they advance. There’s also another $500,000 if he’s voted to the Pro Bowl on the original ballot (as opposed to being one of the dozens of replacements).

They gave him a $2 million signing bonus and a $4 million base salary when he restructured, so he’s well taken-care-of even if Wentz heals perfectly and stays well.

But if he does something unprecedented (again), he’ll be paid like a guy who does historic things instead of a backup.

Cleveland Browns Customized Jerseys
Hits: 31, Date: 2018-10-07 10:22:27
[Agree] ( 0 ) [Against] ( 0 )

1 - 1 [ 1]
Reply: Seattle Seahawks Jerseys
*First line:
More content:
Tags:

Hint: You cannot post here before facebook | Log in | Sign up

Before you post...

The forum is for discussion of web and software development related issues including design help, web scripting and development techniques. In addition to the Forum Rules, there are a few topics which are not permitted here.

Inappropriate Topics

Threads on the following topics are not permitted and will be removed:
  • Soliciting for developers to work on projects (paid or unpaid)
  • Requesting estimates for website design
  • Website design reviews