Online no
State
Grouping Member
Class class3
Score 52
Wealth 71
Posts 21
Login 14:28:14
Odell Beckham Jr. isn't satisfied being the NFL's highest-paid receiver.

The three-time Pro Bowler for the New York Giants wants much more than the $95 million deal the team agreed to pay him Monday. The 25-year-old wants to be one of the best to play in the NFL.

"Like I said Youth Derek Grant Jersey , before I was even in the NFL, I wanted to be legendary," Beckham said Tuesday. "Yeah, the money is great, you can take care of your family, you can take care of kids one day that you'll possibly have. But my goal was always to be in the Hall of Fame, to win trophies, to be able to leave a legacy that will be remembered way past any money that you make."

In a wide-ranging interview, Beckham said the broken left ankle that sidelined him most of last season might have been the best thing to ever happen to him. It forced him to struggle to get back on the field and helped him mature after many slipups off the field.

That new-found maturity and his willingness to work while his contract issues were being settled went a long way in convincing co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch to open up the vault for Beckham.

"I think he's matured quite a bit," Mara said after practice. "I think that stuff hopefully is in the past. I think he's ready to go on and be the type of player and citizen that we expect him to be, and I think he will be."

Beckham, who was in the final year of his rookie contract, never doubted a new deal would be done before the start of the season.

Mara also said reports that the Giants were listening to trade offers for Beckham in the offseason were blown out of proportion. He said it would have been irresponsible not to listen.

"There was always an intention that he'd be a part of this team Adidas Jake Guentzel Jersey ," Mara said.

The major concern was his ankle. The owners wanted to make sure he was fully recovered from the Oct. 8 injury that limited him to four games.

After watching him practice against the Detroit Lions in mid-August, Mara knew the 2014 first-round pick was ready and a deal had to be reached before the start of the season on Sept. 9 at home against Jacksonville.

"It's not like it's going to change the way that I want to play and the way that I want to perform," Beckham said of the contract which includes a $20 million signing bonus and $65 million in guaranteed money.

Beckham said he stayed away from the negotiations, letting his agent Zeke Sandu and the Giants' hierarchy handle the talks.

"It just was a matter of when," he said. "I knew that I was already taken care of before this happened, and like I said, I was just happy that it happened."

What Beckham has done in his first four seasons is remarkable. He has 313 catches for 4,424 yards and 38 touchdowns in 47 games. He is already tied for second among all-time Giants' receivers with three 1,000-yard seasons.

"You kind of dream about this moment all your life," Beckham said. "In fact, you've dedicated everything, you sacrifice weekends, your parents have sacrificed weekend after weekend traveling Leonard Fournette Jersey Black , doing this and that just to be able to get to this point, so it is a relief. It's a wonderful opportunity for myself and my family."

There were many who worried about Beckham because of his off-the-field problems. After the Giants made the playoffs in 2016, Beckham went to Florida with a number of fellow receivers and took a boat trip.

It did not go over well and it hurt Beckham when he played poorly against the Packers.

His reputation took another hit when a video was posted with him in a room where a hand-rolled cigarette was visible.

Beckham is not proud of those things.

"It wasn't the best thing to happen to me to date, but what I got to learn and take and grow from, was everything that I needed in my life and now I'm able to take that and keep going forward and just be the best me that I can be," he said.

Giants coach Pat Shurmur has been cautious with Beckham in the preseason. He has not played in any of the three games, and it is unlikely he will see action in the finale at home against New England on Thursday.

"There's no doubt in my mind he'll be ready to go against Jacksonville," Shurmur added.

Vince Velasquez took a no-hitter two outs into the seventh inning, Rhys Hoskins and Nick Williams hit solo homers and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Colorado Rockies 9-3 on Thursday.

Trevor Story lined Velasquez’s 105th pitch to left for an RBI double, ending Velasquez’s bid for the fourth no-hitter in the majors this season. Velasquez (5-7) retired 20 of the first 21 batters and got a standing ovation as he walked off the mound after the hit.

The Phillies won a series for the first time since taking two of three from Atlanta on May 21-23. They’re 7-12 since.

GIANTS 6, MARLINS 3, 16 INNINGS

MIAMI (AP) – San Francisco third baseman Evan Longoria broke his left hand when he was hit by a pitch in the Giants‘ victory over Miami.

Longoria was struck by Dan Straily. There is no timetable for Longoria’s return and he will decide in the next few days if he will need surgery. He is hitting .246 with 10 home runs and 34 RBIs.

Pablo Sandoval hit a tiebreaking, two-run single in the 16th inning. Andrew McCutchen hit a two-run homer to continue his torrid month and Mac Williamson also homered for the Giants Thomas Davis Jersey , who salvaged the final game of a four-game series and beat the Marlins for only the second time in the last 10 meetings.

Giants starter Dereck Rodriguez pitched 6 2-3 innings, allowing two runs. Ty Blach (4-5) also pitched 6 2-3 innings for the Giants without allowing a run. Elieser Hernandez (0-4) took the loss.

It was the longest game of the season for the Giants and the second-longest for the Marlins, who went 17 innings in a 2-1 win over the Chicago Cubs on March 30. Colorado has lost 10 of 13.

YANKEES 4, RAYS 3

NEW YORK (AP) – Gleyber Torres hit another three-run homer and Domingo German struck out a career-high 10 for his first major league win and New York edged Tampa Bay in the opener of a four-game series.

Aaron Hicks also homered off Blake Snell (8-4) as New York beat the blossoming left-hander for the second time this season and ended his four-game winning streak.

German (1-4) gave up a home run to Matt Duffy on the first pitch of the game but quickly recovered to strike out the next three batters. Making his seventh start in place of injured Jordan Montgomery, the rookie right-hander allowed three runs, five hits and two walks in his 19th career appearance.

Chad Green and Dellin Betances set up Aroldis Chapman for his 19th save in 20 attempts.

RED SOX 2, MARINERS 1

SEATTLE (AP) – Xander Bogaerts hit a tiebreaking home run in the sixth inning and Boston won its fourth straight.

David Price (8-4) pitched seven innings of four-hit ball to earn his sixth victory over his past seven appearances. He gave up a run and struck out seven. Craig Kimbrel pitched a scoreless ninth to lock down his 22nd save, pitching around two walks to open the inning by striking out Kyle Seager and getting Ryon Healy to ground into a double play..

The Red Sox got their major-league leading 48th win of the season and snapped Seattle’s four-game winning streak.

Bogaerts hit Felix Hernandez’s 2-2 fastball just over the fence in left-center field for a two-out solo shot to give the Red Sox a 2-1 lead.

TIGERS 3, TWINS 1

DETROIT (AP) – JaCoby Jones‘ two-run homer capped a three-run seventh inning as Detroit rallied past Minnesota.

Jones was hitting .135 in his last 10 games, and had struck out in his first two at-bats before hitting Lance Lynn’s 3-1 fastball for his fifth home run..

Michael Fulmer (3-5) improved to 5-0 in five career starts against the Twins. He pitched seven innings, allowing one run on five hits and a walk with four strikeouts in ending a three-start winless streak. Joe Jimenez pitched the eighth and Shane Greene threw the ninth for his 17th save.

Lynn (4-5) took a shutout into the seventh but ended up allowing three runs on five hits and a walk. He struck out nine in 6 2/3 innings.

INDIANS 5, WHITE SOX 2

CHICAGO (AP) – Francisco Lindor and Jose Ramirez homered, Mike Clevinger struck out 11 in seven innings and Cleveland topped Chicago.

Lindor led off the game against Carlos Rodon with his 15th home run. He also singled and scored in the seventh when Ramirez broke a 2-2 tie with a two-run drive to right-center against Chris Volstad (1-4) for his 20th homer.

Clevinger (5-2) gave up two runs and five hits.

Cody Allen worked the ninth for his 13th save in 14 chances as the AL Central leaders salvaged a four-game split.

ASTROS 7 Adidas Anze Kopitar Jersey , ATHLETICS 3

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) – Justin Verlander pitched five-hit ball over seven innings and Houston beat Oakland for its eighth straight win.

The winning streak is the Astros‘ longest since they won 11 straight May 25-June 5 last season on the way to their first World Series championship.

Khris Davis and Matt Olson homered for the A’s. Both home runs came off Verlander (9-2), who struck out seven, allowed three runs and didn’t walk a batter while earning his fifth consecutive win.

Frankie Montas (3-1) gave up five earned runs and 11 hits over 5 1/3 innings.

BRAVES 4, PADRES 2

ATLANTA (AP) – Anibal Sanchez allowed only four hits in seven scoreless innings, Ender Inciarte homered and scored two runs and Atlanta beat San Diego.

Ozzie Albies added a run-scoring double for the NL East-leading Braves.

Sanchez (3-0) did not walk a batter as he earned his first win in six career starts against San Diego. Sanchez outpitched Tyson Ross (5-4), who allowed only three hits and three runs in six-plus innings.

Arodys Vizcaino pitched the ninth for his 13th save in 15 chances.

DIAMONDBACKS 6, METS 3

PHOE Youth New York Giants Jerseys
Hits: 9, Date: 2018-10-11 08:35:17
[Agree] ( 0 ) [Against] ( 0 )

1 - 1 [ 1]
Reply: Womens Justin Reid Jersey
*First line:
More content:
Tags:

Hint: You cannot post here before facebook | Log in | Sign up

Before you post...

The forum is for discussion of web and software development related issues including design help, web scripting and development techniques. In addition to the Forum Rules, there are a few topics which are not permitted here.

Inappropriate Topics

Threads on the following topics are not permitted and will be removed:
  • Soliciting for developers to work on projects (paid or unpaid)
  • Requesting estimates for website design
  • Website design reviews